I'm an award-winning language arts tutor, ready to help you achieve your academic goals.
I combine high standards with a supportive attitude. Learning should be a positive experience, and I'm committed to nurturing each student’s strengths and self-confidence.
I can help you learn to write great essays and research papers in any subject area. I also teach the verbal sections of standardized tests like the GRE, the ACT, the SAT, and the GED, plus the SAT Subject Test in Literature.
I can help you:
• learn to read critically and construct powerful arguments
• give fantastic class presentations and speeches
• develop skills across the humanities and social sciences
• master English pronunciation, grammar, and conversation (for ESL students)
• craft a first-rate college application essay
• ace your AP English class
. . . and more.
I have a master's degree in history from the University of St. Andrews, Scotland and a B.A. with honors in comparative literature from the University of California. My GRE and SAT scores are in the 99th percentile. I have many years of experience as a teacher and private tutor, working with students in high school, college, and graduate school.
Private Academic Tutoring: $52 per hour, $30 per half-hour.Private Test Preparation Coaching: $60 per hour
Take charge of your future! Get in touch today.